Winter has arrived to Winston-Salem, NC. But nonetheless, the weather has been in the 60s. With that comes the time to think about storing some of those summer items away. We have made a list of the things you should look at storing away for the Fall.
Unless you live on one of the lakes, it’s time to store away those beach items.
- Make sure everything is completely dry before putting into your storage unit.
- Give your belongings air to breathe and do not squish items together.
- Use Damp Rid in units to make sure nothing gets moldy/musty. Make sure you are not accidentally placing anything in a storage unit wet.
With the colder(ish) weather approaching, now is a good time to start thinking about putting away the short shorts and making some space for the new Winter collection.
- Store your clothing in clear plastic containers, so articles of clothing are easy to locate.
- Do not use cardboard because it wears down quicker and is more easily damaged.
- It is important to be sure that all articles of clothing are dry and clean before storing.
- Use wardrobe boxes to hang the clothing to store for winter.
Might be a bit cold to sit out on the deck in a few weeks, so start getting that furniture in storage in order to protect it for next season.
- Use dust covers or furniture covers to protect the furniture.
- If storing a grill, make sure the tank is disconnected.
- If storing table cloths, place mats, accessories—store in dry, plastic containers.
Any summer items such as bikes, canoes and kayaks aren’t needed in the fall, so store them away.
- Always make sure your outdoor items are covered, even if it is stored inside, to prevent damaging of any foam or rubber materials.
- Be sure your outdoor items are completely wiped down and dry before storing.
- Store on the ground to prevent damage from the item falling. Place a dust cover on the ground first to protect your belongings.
If you need Self Storage for this Fall, give Custom Self Storage a call today!